Breaking

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

[Solved] Computer Keeps On Restarting Itself

I had this computer that every time I play games like GTA San Andrea it suddenly boots up itself without any popping error messages. I thought it was just an isolated problem but for the second time around as I hit the game again it restarts. I was wondering if it's a virus so I scanned it thoroughly but nothing found malicious, then I tried reinstalling the game but still nothing really happened. 

So what was really the problem with this computer? I only found out that the main reason why the computer keeps restarting because it simply lacks power and cooling after knowing that the fan of the power supply doesn't work.

Power supply Unit or PSU is the main source of power for motherboard and most of the computer peripherals that require it. And if this is not working well it would be a big problem then for the entire computer system like the case of mine where it keeps booting up voluntarily or worse like totally wreck due to damage parts and circuits.


Solution

For an hour of searching and asking for the best solution to my problem, they mostly suggest that I should replace it with a brand new and compatible one. But according to some techy people I should take more test first to the computer like the registry to identify whether there are other problems that causing it to be like that because there were some instances in which the problem is due to registry  problem and not with the power supply although the fan of it isn't working. In my case, I replaced it with a new one and when the replacement was done I quickly check the computer if it's really working and it works, the computer never restarts anymore.

Warning

Safety first. I recommend not opening the PSU as what the manufacturer written in every sticker that pasted in each unit if you're not so sure of what you're doing most specially if you're not technically skilled and knowledgeable about this things because this may result to serious damage to the computer like burning the motherboard parts cause by over power and such like. You can always ask for assistance to computer technicians for them to help and guide you with such particular problem.

I hope this article provided you other helpful tips regarding computer problems. Comments, suggestions, reactions, questions and problems are all welcome and appreciated. Just write it in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment